APN or FNP (Internal Medical Practice)
Location: Southern NJ
FLSA Status: Full-time position with benefits
Salary: $80,000-$95,000 (based on experience)
Benefits are offered to include medical, dental, 401 K, Profit sharing, PTO, malpractice insurance, state and federal licensees, paid CME’s up to $500.00 per year.
Required Duties: Treat and triage patients 14 and up . Please see below for “Essential Responsibilities”.
APN or FNP will report to the 3 doctors / owners and to the office manager for non-clinical issues.
Hours: 5 days a week no holiday or weekdays, one night a week is expected
The APN or FNP will be on call twice a month, no home visits. A company phone will be given them for on call purpose.
***Prefer someone who has worked in the an adult practice since the practice is internal medicine…not pediatrics!
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Assists with the provision of surgical care in accordance with facility, state, and federal regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification in specialty area
- Current CNOR/CRNFA (if applicable) certifcation
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); PALS provider card as required by department and facility
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint