Location: Houston, TX
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Review patient schedule on a daily basis for newly scheduled procedures.
• Initiate and obtain prior authorizations from insurance carriers.
• Responsible for ensuring the appropriate documentation is compiled in order to obtain authorizations.
• Work with insurance companies in a professional manner.
• Navigate insurance company websites and policies to keep up to date with policy changes.
• Communicate in a clear, but compassionate, manner with patients.
• Contact applicable insurance companies, through internet or phone depending on requirements, and relay pertinent patient information to them for billing and medical pre-authorization purposes.
• Document information from insurance entities and gather into appropriate databases for approval or denial reference and further reporting needs.
• Exhibit and manage excellent turn-around time in order to ensure timely authorizations.
• Create an organize workflow in a concessive manner that is understandable to yourself and team members.
• Provide excellent customer service, care and communication for our patients in an efficient manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
• Demonstrate flexibility to perform duties wherever volume deems it necessary.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of 2 years working within a healthcare environment.
• Proficient in electronic medical records.
• Ability to provide excellent patient care.
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
• Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
• Working knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Windows.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While
performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
1. Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
2. Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
3. Involves sitting approximately 95 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
Equal Opportunity Employer