IT Support Technician
Location: Tampa, FL
FLSA Status: FT – Exempt
The position offers a competitive compensation package including medical benefits, dental, vision, PTO and 401K.
IT Department : IT Technician Applicants should be able to identify and analyze hardware, software and network-related problems and successfully be capable of troubleshooting desktop issues and be comfortable with VoIP telephony, routers, and related activities.
Primary Responsibilities and Functions (include but are not limited to):
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring PC performance.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to end users and staff on computer operation and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and operating systems.
- Have familiarity with network operations, routers, and associated devices.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors
- Troubleshoot mobile devices including iPads and iPhones and VoIP telephony
Position may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed and when requested.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience providing Support Desk support in a medium size organization (200+ desktops) with multiple site offices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Windows (Windows 7 and Windows 8) operating systems, computer and peripheral hardware and software, office productivity software, browsers and networking; A+ certification preferred.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office and XP.
- Cisco routing experience is a plus
- Experience in healthcare a plus.
- ITIL Certification a plus.
- Experience Medics a plus
- HTML/CSS Basic Skills
- PHP Basic Skills
- MySQL Basic Skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including good written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ Years of development experience
- Server maintenance and active directory experience is a plus
- Travel is required 100% of the time
- Reliable transportation is a MUST
- Required availability to be on-call as scheduled and as needed