FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Occupational Therapy
The ideal candidate will perform patient evaluations, implement appropriate treatment plan and independently fabricate custom orthotics. Candidates for this position must be knowledgeable in upper extremity anatomy and protocols for treatment of shoulders, elbows, wrist and hands. This full time position offers a competitive compensation package, including medical benefits, dental, vision, PTO and 401K. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Evaluation of New patients.
• Formulating and implementing treatment plans as per appropriate protocols.
• Fabrication of any necessary orthotics to ensure good patient outcomes.
• Ability to work well as a team member with other clinicians, OT aides and front office staff.
• Communicate well with referring physician when necessary.
• Attend continuing education seminars to further practicing knowledge.
• Modify treatment plans as necessary to meet patient needs.
• Documentation of patient evaluations, progress notes and re-evaluations.
• Ensure timely flow of patient schedule.
• Maintain treatment area.
• Proper use of treatment modalities.
• Adheres to Compliance policies
• Adheres to Compliance policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 1 to 2 years’ experience with working with orthopedic caseload
• Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy
• Independence in orthotic fabrication
• License by New York State Department of Education and NBCOT required
• Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA, CLIA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
• Demonstrates skills in fully documenting clinical activities.
• Demonstrated ability to work well alone, without a supervisor immediately available, and as a member of a clinical team.
• Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
• Proficient in computer scheduling and electronic medical records.
• Working knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Windows.
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
1. Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.
2. Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need.
3. Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
4. Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
5. Involves standing approximately 40 percent of the day, walking or sitting the remainder.