Location: Greater New York Area
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Physical Therapy
Our focus is to help patients restore the quality of life they deserve and desire. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully develop patient care plans describing a treatment strategy, its purposes, and its anticipated outcome. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of manual therapy and an ability to design creative exercise routines. This full- time position offers a competitive compensation package, including medical benefits, dental, vision, PTO and 401K. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Perform an initial exam, evaluate medical records and physician’s referral and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention. Tests and measures patient strength, range of motion, balance and coordination, posture, muscle performance, respiration, and motor function.
• Determine patient ability to be independent and reintegrate into the workplace or community after injury or illness.
• Teach patient show to use assistive and adaptive devices such as crutches, prostheses, and wheelchairs.
• Document patient progress, conducts periodic examinations, and modifies treatments with emphasis on identification of areas requiring more/ less attention.
• Administer manual exercises, massage or traction to help relieve pain, increase patient strength or decrease or prevent deformity. May use electrical stimulation, hot packs, cold compresses, and ultrasound to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
• Record prognosis, treatment, response and progress in patient’s chart or computer database.
• Discharge patient from physical therapy when projected outcomes have been attained and provide for follow-up care or referrals.
• Formulate and implement treatment plans as per appropriate protocols.
• Ability to work well as a team member with other clinicians, PT aides and front office staff.
• Communicate well with referring physician when necessary.
• Attend continuing education seminars to further practicing knowledge.
• Modify treatment plans as necessary to meet patient needs.
• Documentation of patient evaluations, progress notes and re-evaluations.
• Ensure timely flow of patient schedule.
• Maintain treatment area.
• Adheres to Compliance policies
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 3 years’ working experience
• Masters of Science or Doctorial in Physical Therapy
• License by New York State
• Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA, CLIA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
• Demonstrate skill in fully documenting clinical activities.
• Demonstrated ability to work well alone, without a supervisor immediately available, and as a member of a clinical team.
• Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
• Proficient in computer scheduling and electronic medical records.
• Working knowledge of PC’s and Microsoft Windows
Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or control; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
1. Incumbent will be required to work at any facility and be responsible for own transportation.
2. Incumbent will be scheduled based on operational need.
3. Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
4. Position is in a well-lighted office environment.
5. Physical mobility with ability to lift, push or pull up to and including 45 lbs.
6. Handling of patients including lifts, rolls, transfers, etc. with the use of mandatory Safe Patient Lifting Equipment.
7. Ability to perform CPR and respond to emergency situations including potential takedowns or restraints.
8. Ability to appropriately wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
9. Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods. Involves standing approximately 30 percent of the day, walking or sitting the remainder